Friday, June 17, 2011

Nove Amerika - Bohemian Gardens

Bohemian Gardens, easiest of the 3 9s. . . Wide open, tough deep rough, still growing in, looks like to me . . . not too hilly, but some, no water, wind is sometimes a factor up on top of the hill there, and most of the course seems to follow the ridge line . . . 8^D . . .
I played from the back tees, cuz there didn't seem to be much difference per hole, 70m in all for the 9, 3049 m.
#1 Tee, par 4.




















#2 Tee, tough par 3, 207 m. uphill. I didn't see the flag, it was so far on the right, so I hit where I tho't was the middle of the green, which was actually left . . . with a draw . . . so I wound up next to the OB fence . . . one of the holes I'd like to try again . . . .






















#3 tee, short par 4, 286m . . . I hammered my drive up just short of the traps by the green.


















 flopped over the mounds and traps 24 ft from the pin . . . what they call an indifferent approach . . . 3 putt bogey, story of my life nowadays.


















#4, short par 5 . . . hammered my drive up the left side, but in the deepish rough . . .
semi-foozled my fairway wood trying to reach the green . . .




















lobbed a wedge pin high, but it rolled off towards the back of the green, as you can see it would. 2 putt par.





















#5 says 162m, uphill, and we know that's to the front, not the middle, so I figgered 162+10+5=177*10% = 194 yds = half 7wood . . .
laced a low line drive up the right side . . . so it rolled over onto the back . . . so the right tier for someone with a short game, which is not me . . . bogey.


















#6 is a sort of nondescript par 5, 438m . . . I sloughed my drive off in the right rough, hammered a 5 iron up around wedge distance, misjudged the distance because of the big green, came up short, 3 putt bogey.



















Now Apparently, the architect has a concept that the 7th hole should be the bugger . . .
I'm not sure this actually is a bugger, a par 4 4m longer than the previous par 5, but it IS interesting, at least the first time one comes across it . . . It would be worth contemplating whether one could drive the green across the 90 degree downhill dogleg. . . but I was trying to play some smart. . . so I took a 5wood right over the electric tower, but the thing is . . . theres 75m of kneehigh rough between that tower and the downhill leg . . . . so 5wood hit perfectly just disappeared . . . I guess you could hit a driver there, and forget about driving the green . . .



















so if you just hit your drive just right of the corner, play it safe, this is what you have to look at . . . about 115 - 125 m downhill, so no biggy . . . I just dropped a ball here and hit a 9iron that landed a meter right of the hole and rolled 8 ft . . . but that green . . .it slopes very steeply, like 4, 5, or 6 ft from top edge to bottom edge . . . that little 8 footer I had left broke about 5 ft . . . tough, tough hole. . . oh yeah, there's a creek running thru the fairway in front of the green . . .



















#8 is another 162 m par 3. . . it didn't seem as steeply uphill as the other so I backed off from a half-7wood to a full 3iron, came over the top and jacked it pin high in the hay left of the green, two tries to flop it out and 2 putts . . . double bogie.





















This course has 3 3s, 3 4s, & 3 5s . . . there are many who don't like that layout, but it seemed natural here to me . . . like a full set of short & long 4s and 5s . . . I wouldn't have minded a short par 3, too . . . 8^) . . .


#9 is a 499m par 5, so I'm thinking I could reach the green again, but you have to be on the short grass doncha? I instead was out just off the fairway on the right by that hump. I muscled a 7iron out into the middle of the fairway, thinking that would be all the chance I needed.





















I was just up over the top of that hill, 6 iron away, but hit a very weak shot, sliced into the hay again short right of the green.
Bogey.