Sunday, July 5, 2009

2nd 1st


Confidently armed with my 31 handicap, I swaggered into the B-Flight tourney looking to conquer, and I almost played well on the front 9 . . . shot a 44 with 3 pars . . . had what I tho't was bad-luck on the last few holes, but wasn't worried . . . .
but it was hot and humid, and the terrain is, as always, grueling, and I think I still suffered some jet lag from our Bermuda Wedding Trip -- at any rate, my legs got tired, and it took herculean concentration to keep all my moving parts in synch . . . so I was very inconsistent on the back 9. Had a 55 with 2 pars, 3 double-bogeys, 2 triple-bogeys, and an 11 on a par 5 . . .
since they use Stableford Scoring those scores were mitigated . . . wound up with 45 Net Stableford points . . . new handicap is 27 . . . still too high, I believe, my execrable golf not-with-standing.
Putting still remains the worst aspect . . . on the par 3 #8, I hit gorgeous tee shots right over the pin, leaving 15ft birdie attempts, that I couldn't get to go in . . . had a bunch of 3putts again, but my poor partner Kejvtaak had an even more brutal day: He must've had 15 lip-outs or burnt-edges.
On the 16th green, I tried to console him with "you have to remember, lip-outs are a good thing, not a bad thing: those putts are almost going it!"
He gave me a very disgusted look, but had the grace to reply in English, "Oh, you're such a positive thinker!"
8^D
I don't know what to do with them . . . but I love my Bohemian Glass Trophys . . . I promised to go by Kejvtaak's office Tuesday and ask in a loud voice "what is this trophy on your desk?" and he has promised to do the same . . . 8^D . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment