Thursday, July 30, 2009

World's longest course: 842 miles

BRISBANE, Australia - Hit a few loose shots or 3-putt the first green at Nullarbor Links and you'll have plenty of time to think about your errant ways before teeing off at the second.

That's because No. 2 is 42 miles down the highway.

Billed as the world's longest golf course, Nullarbor is set to open next month - an 842-mile trek through the desolate outback of Australia's Nullarbor Plain, starting at Ceduna in the state of South Australia and finishing at the mining town of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/golf/articles/2009/07/29/20090729longgolf0730.html

reminds me of a Hoss Santee story about a similar course in Arizona, “The Bar Z” or something like it . . . wisht I still had that book, it was hi-larious . . . sold it with my 300 other golf books when I moved to Arizona, so I wouldn't have to move them, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment